1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Any specific healing plan or book for digestive issues and abdominal cramps ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Apr 28, 2022.

1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

Hope everyone is doing great. A few years ago I recovered from my chronic back pain and know all about TMS.
    Here is my success story. https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/healed-from-chronic-chronic-back-pain-i-love-myself-baby.14640/ (Healed from chronic chronic back pain.. I Love Myself baby!!)

I used Louise Hay's approach and healed majorly from the back pain. However as life went on I had a massive argument one day with a family member and ever since I have been waking up with strong abdominal pain after 5 hours into sleep. Basically I am not able to digest Protein (meat), Fats, Sugars & Whole grains only at nights. I wake up very early and not having enough sleep. Seems like the body is not producing enough digestive enzymes and HCL from the stress. No supplements are of any help.

If I keep my diet very simple am ok to sleep little better but this is hard. This is not what I signed up for.
    I am particularly looking to target these digestive issues. Louise Hay's approach is holistic and can take longer which I can continue but with TMS, "INFORMAITON is the key". Wondering if you have any particular books or a healing plan to target my digestive issues. All scans have come normal.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey there Indi - and how frustrating is this?!!

I see two pieces of good news: one is that you've been checked out, and they can't find anything wrong, and the second, of course, is that you fully understand the emotional component to your gut issues (so common in TMS!)

It seems that we continue to hear more and more from people who successfully recovered from TMS symptoms in the past, only to have something come roaring back in the last two years. Which is really what it's all about, IMHO. These last two years have been the perfect breeding ground for TMS - because not all stress comes from within. Although, that being said, how we deal with outside stressors is of course 100% from within.

We must start by recognizing that our reactions to normal emotional turmoil are going to be severely exacerbated by the turmoil pressing on us from outside. This makes sense - the worse the outside world is, the more we need the stability of friends and family, and when something happens to disrupt that, it's going to feel more catastrophic than usual.

In other words - the first thing you have to do is give yourself a break. Do whatever works for you (writing or meditating) to contemplate why this one interaction is so overwhelmingly important to your well-being, and why it has so severely disrupted that well-being. I suspect that it's not as self-contained as you might normally assume.

Consider the four key issues that are important to us humans: Connection, Meaning, Freedom, and Mortality. Where do your emotions about this relationship and interaction fall within one or more of these issues? Connection for sure (and its converse: Isolation and/or Abandonment). Start there, and start writing.

Also consider, on a purely physical level, the benefits of meditative breathing - there are a TON of resources about breathwork - find something that speaks to you and to your body. I have found that breathing and self-talk combined work really well to calm my gut. It's shocking how tight the abdominal area can become without our awareness. Mindfully relaxing your entire abdominal area can bring a significant amount of relief on its own, although I have yet to reach a point of consistent relaxation there.

Keep us posted!

~Jan

3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Exactly what Jan points out and emphasizes, Indie. Very important that you've been checked out because that confirms that the symptoms you've been experiencing are indeed body-mind in origin. And yes, I've noticed in the last two years that I had a catastrophic attack of TMS LBP following COVID-19 lockdown for two-months. Between the Russo-Ukraine War, the economy, and COVID there have been more than enough external stressors to activate any latent internal TMS mind-body issues. I would approach your gastrointestinal issues exactly the same way you dealt with your classic TMS LBP previously. The good news is that I've noticed that curing my TMS symptoms during period of existential crisis has allowed me to do a more thorough job of deep healing my TMS, which I previously put up with. I think getting to that point where you just won't take it anymore is a critical stage in the TMS healing path. Trouble is, you have to really get to the bottom before you turn your condition around without compromise.

4. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

Thanks Jan and Bruce for the inputs. Tennis Tom also have given his inputs privately. Thanks to him as well.
    Thankfully this time it wasnt as aggressive as it was in the past but I will start making a plan to heal this Speed bump in life.