1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Any LASIK experience?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by April, Mar 20, 2019.

1. April

April Newcomer

Hey, I have an anxiety issue since my childhood. It isn't constant! I'm only started to get medicated for my problem from late 2016(When I realized stress is affecting my vision!).
    It has been more than a year since I started to wear glasses. A few months ago I had an eye examination, my doc confirmed that I have cataracts started to form in my eyes! My doc has prescribed me a new pair of glasses. After two months I was forced to consult him again because my distance vision was getting worse! And I'm going to have my Laser cataract eye surgery on the coming week and I'm extremely nervous!
    I had a session about the LASIK surgery in my clinic. Afterward, I've done a bit of online reading and watched a few videos! It has made them, even more, worse, I'm kind of disturbed now!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2019
  2. DWA

DWA Peer Supporter

I had PRK, which is a similar procedure as Lasik. Relax, it is a breeze and recovery is within a week with Lasik. First couple days are the worst. Procedure itself is quick and painless and very safe!

3. April

April Newcomer

Thanks, dude for letting me know. But I see a few peeps had some difficulties after the surgery. That is what I was concerned about.
    Do you experienced any eye dryness afterward, like for a year or more??

4. DWA

DWA Peer Supporter

PRK has a much longer recovery time and dry eyes were definitely a part of it, but this is a normal part of the recovery and they did not bother me as I knew it was normal. They provide re-wetting drops and they are easy to use. The surgery for me was a complete success and I only wish I would have done it earlier in my life. Please relax, your anxiety over this procedure, while natural, is unwarranted and unproductive.