1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Anxious about a upcoming vacation

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by NameK, Aug 26, 2019.

1. NameK

NameK Well known member

So in most cases in the past my vacations have been mostly stress free, relaxing and fun (as they should be!)

But for my recent upcoming trip my girlfriend and I are going to Disneyland and I'm while I'm excited for it I am alittle worried when it comes to my tinnitus and my other tms symptoms.

I'm worried about the flight making my tinnitus worse as well as being on the park as there are parades, loud music , kids screaming, some of the rides etc as I'm going to be there for 5 days.

On top of that the amount of walking shouldn't be an issue for my tight calf, left foot pain but it is alot of walking. I wish I never read about cipro toxicity but that's what happens when your a hyprochondriac googling health symptoms haha.

But for the most part my symptoms have improved minus the tinnitus my back pain has kind of come back but its probably because I've been thinking about it alot as well

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Don't let your fearful brain take control! Just. Say. NO!!!

The best advice I can give you is to do some meditative visualizations, in which you see yourself having a great time, symptom-free and anxiety-free.

You could google "pink balloon visualization" and pick any of the hits that mentions Shakti Gawain (it's her technique). I read her little book Creative Visualizations years ago, long before I knew anything about my TMS, and it was very powerful work.

3. NameK

NameK Well known member

Thanks I'll been slacking in the mediation department my therapist had knee surgery so I havent and probably wont be able to see her before my trip on sunday -thrusday.

She does believe that anxiety,stress and emotions can cause physical pain and other symptoms etc its not exactly tms per say but it's the general idea if that makes snese.
    She was also a paramedic for 25 years so it's nice to know she has a medical background if I ever have these what if questions (while its definitely not the same as a doctor)

that being said everytime I've gone my gp about a health symptom she pretty much dismisses it as anxiety and or stress and it initially frustrated me but I have realized she was right. And I've pretty much stopped going to walk in clinics as all they seem to do is rush you out the door with a prescription that you usually don't need. (I took alot of unnecessary antibiotics in the last two years or so. )