1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Everly, Apr 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Everly

Everly Peer Supporter

I've had all over body pain and dizziness for more than two years. It got severe enough to stop me from working and studying. I have known it is TMS for more than a year now, I've had some improvements, but in the last couple months I've started to have physical anxiety symptoms (which I've never had before in my life), stomach in knots, can't swallow, sometimes shaking. Sometimes in the form of anxiety attacks but mostly just through the whole day, like I'm on a brink of breaking down. Now, I know I will get better, I'm seeing a therapist, I agree with Claire Weekes and am just trying to let anxiety do it's thing, but I was hoping someone has had a similar experience and has come out the other side? For the last month it has been very debilitating, I am constantly dizzy and nauseated, I can barely get through the not even part time job I do from home. I don't get any anxious thoughts, I know what it is, but it's still here. This has to be the scariest symptom TMS has thrown at me (and I still have the old ones), because with pain I could still make myself do things despite it, but this brain fog, dizziness and anxiety renders me useless.

2. osca aelius

osca aelius Peer Supporter

Dear Elina hear me out. Im an ex anxiety sufferer, all of the things you describe (shaking, heart beating, brain fog) i have ever experienced it because of anxiety disorder. I have long been recovered from anxiety and deal with it with no problem. I thought if i overcome anxiety and recover from it, my life would be like heaven. And yes, its true, after several years suffer from it and learn how to deal with it, i overcome anxiety. But not too long after that, I get TMS symptoms, starting from tinnitus, pain, weird symptoms, and all of the things many TMS people can relate to. Do i suffer from anxiety now? No, i can overcome it and mastered the puzzle. But this TMS is now feels so bad, currently feel like I suffer from anxiety, but its not anxiety but some set of symptoms that keep changing.

I still cant give much advice since i only know how to deal with anxiety, but not TMS, and now im really in a hard time.
    Take care Elina, pls trust me you can overcome anxiety and its not a big deal once you practice Claire Weekes method and understand the mechanism of anxiety.

Lizzy likes this.
  3. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Anxiety is definitely a form of TMS, as well as a result of TMS. Really, TMS = anxiety! Your symptoms absolutely sound like classic panic. I’ve written about anxiety and the “cure” at length here:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/nocturnal-panic-attacks.17881/#post-95223 (Nocturnal panic attacks)

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/nocturnal-panic-attacks.17881/#post-95238 (Nocturnal panic attacks)

As I described in the posts linked above, there is no such thing as a panic “disorder” - it’s all Mother Nature and an overactive amygdala, which is NATURAL and FIXABLE! The brain is neuroplastic, so it’s always changing. You can make it through this. Please read my posts and remember that fear simply generates more symptoms. You will conquer your anxiety.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Lizzy and Lainey like this.