1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kylin Foster, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

So I've always had a little bit of anxiety but recently it's gotten really bad. I've been on the same loop of worry for a month. I keep freaking out that I will get cold sores or genital herpes. I got a canker sore and was worried that I touched it and touched my self on accident I would have herpes. So in one month I got tested for herpies twice, negative both times. And yesterday I started having pain in this spot in my mouth and was worried than today it's starting to look like somethings appearing. I am so worried. I go online and look up stuff and get my self all freaked out all the time. It says your first cold sore is in the moth and you might get a fever or sore throat and I had a sore throat when all this started. I'm going to the doctor today and everything will probably be fine like it always is but what do I do to prevent my self from freaking out every time something like this happens?

2. Jennifer_K

Jennifer_K Peer Supporter

I can relate to the catastrophizing.

Have you ever tried meditation? I've been practicing 2-3 times a day for about a month now and I have noticed a HUGE difference in my phobic/catastrophising reactions. Also, when I get in that mental space, I do a 15 min meditation and get pretty much instant relief.

I love Michael Sealey (free on Youtube). This one in particular is very good for anxiety: