1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Benny562562, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Benny562562

Benny562562 Peer Supporter

i started doing the Tms protocol from Healint back pain by dr John sarno 3 days ago. Yesterday and today i have bad anxiety. Is this Normal?

2. levfin003

levfin003 Peer Supporter

Perfectly normal. You are about to make a major change in your thinking (psychological vs physical). Plus, you are about to uncover dangerous emotions that you have kept buried for long.

3. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

This is normal. Yes. Just don't let it scare you. Mindful Meditation can help with that.
    Your increased symptoms or even new ones will go away. Your conscious mind has the ability to Override these issues.

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Benny, Grateful gives great advice. In addition to practicing mindfulness meditation, I'd look at being more mindful. So when you do drop into a phase of anxiety you can consciously intercept it and replace it with a healthier and cleaner thought. It's not something you will master right away, but it will be easier with time.

5. Benny562562

Thank u guys for the response. I'm new to this. Anxiety is down,but pain switches constantly from low back to mid back to upper back. Muscles feel dull,achy,week. Is this normal for the pain to be switching,I'm talking like every few minutes. Weird

6. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

That is normal and some would say Classic TMS.

7. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, it switches to keep you in doubt. Remind yourself, this is symptom imperative at play.

8. Benny562562

makes me feel more at ease thanks Mike and Grateful. I jus got the courage to wash my truck. Pain went down,but as soon as I finished it came back. Small steps I guess

JanAtheCPA and mike2014 like this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Benny. I agree with the others who replied to you.

I think everyone has anxiety about one thing or another. Our high-pressure world causes it. I manage my anxiety by deep breathing, trying to live in the present moment and not worry about the future, and by laughing.

I notice many people who post here have anxiety problems and also need some help in how to live in the present. I have found some excellent advice on living in the present from Eckhardt Tolle, the nondenominational spiritual leader. I will post it in a new thread today and hope you and others will take a look.

10. Benny562562

Please do Walt. I'll defenetaly look into it,thanks!