1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Anxiety stronger

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Dfrancks, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Dfrancks

Dfrancks Newcomer

As I start to address my extreme knee and leg pain as TMS I feel myself having even more anxiety about it not being the true cause of the pain. Is this normal? I am having such strong notions of an entire life of unresolved pain and the anxiety is just skyrocketing.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes that's normal, if I were you I'd try deep breathing or meditation to calm the anxiety.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Two things help me a lot whenever I have anxiety: deep breathing and laughing. Not at the same time, of course.

I also got a boost from the homily at Mass today. The priest reminded us of the Bible saying "Keep a sense of humor,
    even in the most difficult times."

I also keep busy. When I'm doing something, anything, I forget anxiety and worry. My darling dog Annie is keeping me busy...
    she's getting on in years and pees in the house a lot, usually on the kitchen tile floor and not on the carpets. I keep busy mopping it up. haha.

4. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Yes, normal, and will pass. Dr Sarno addresses this in his research, I suggest reading his books. And just remember, it will pass, it is just another form of TMS.

Stay strong.

Kev