1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Anxiety stronger

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Dfrancks, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Dfrancks

Dfrancks Newcomer

As I start to address my extreme knee and leg pain as TMS I feel myself having even more anxiety about it not being the true cause of the pain. Is this normal? I am having such strong notions of an entire life of unresolved pain and the anxiety is just skyrocketing.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes that's normal, if I were you I'd try deep breathing or meditation to calm the anxiety.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy

Walt Oleksy Beloved Grand Eagle

Two things help me a lot whenever I have anxiety: deep breathing and laughing. Not at the same time, of course.

I also got a boost from the homily at Mass today. The priest reminded us of the Bible saying "Keep a sense of humor,
    even in the most difficult times."

I also keep busy. When I'm doing something, anything, I forget anxiety and worry. My darling dog Annie is keeping me busy...
    she's getting on in years and pees in the house a lot, usually on the kitchen tile floor and not on the carpets. I keep busy mopping it up. haha.

4. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Yes, normal, and will pass. Dr Sarno addresses this in his research, I suggest reading his books. And just remember, it will pass, it is just another form of TMS.

Stay strong.

Kev