1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Anxiety strikes again

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lou, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Lou

Lou New Member

I have been doing a lot of somatic tracking since I began this program but the anxiety is not ebbing. I still feel overwhelmed with it. When I first wake up in the morning is the worst time for me. It used to subside as soon as I sat up but not any more. What am I doing wrong?

2. TheUndyingMind

TheUndyingMind Peer Supporter

Hi Lou - have you practiced any breathing techniques? This is what's helped me the most with my feelings of anxiety.

As soon as I start feeling my heart race or my mind focus on worrisome things I close my eyes and practice my diaphragmatic breathing. I especially do this when I first lay down to sleep at night and have been sleeping much better. Best of luck!

Lou likes this.
  3. Lou

Lou New Member

Sounds like a good idea. I'll try that. Thanks!