1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Anxiety Question

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by joseph32, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I know the pioneers fed their dogs from table scraps, long before commercial pet foods.
    But how long did they live, and how healthy did they live? We don't know.

I've had three black Lab mixes. I fed they all the cheapest commercial dog food, mostly bag food.
    The first two were healthy all their lives and lived to be 16 and a half.
    Annie 12 and also healthy. I give her a little bag dog food and a third of a can of dog food
    morning and evening and she's doing fine. Loves the stuff.

I also treat her to licking a pot and a plate and she loves that even there isn't much in them.

But I know what you mean that commercial dog food in a bag or a can can be suspect.
    Some recently, from China, was killing dogs.

We need to watch them and see if their food is causing them any problems.

2. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

*laughs softly* And therein lies the dilemma. My mother also feeds as you do, Walt, and her dogs have always done just fine. How can we judge which method is the best? Perhaps it is simply that we quest ... seeking to do the best we can with what we have. How do we know that inexpensive food and tons of love aren't the perfect ingredients for our dogs? Or the homemade food, again with tons of love? The fact that we debate shows how we care, and it is that caring the reveals our soul.

There is no denying that Annie has enjoyed a beautiful life because of you. This reveals very clearly your true heart. I am so glad I have encountered you. Without fail, you cause me many smiles.

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

3. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi Lily Rose, very excited to hear of your interest in feeding our loved friends! First I would
    go to www.skansen.com. Read the info and then take what you will. I bought one of her dogs
    and followed the raw food diet. It has worked wonderfully for my pups. I did not follow her vit
    regime, just the vit c. My dogs are healthy and their coats are gorgeous. Please just read what she
    has offered and I will answer any of your ? after that. I think you will enjoy her site as she has so
    much to offer. I have been feeding raw food for 10 years now. I also don't believe in all the vets
    shots on a yearly basis. Truly a money maker!! I do of course give them rabies, distemper, but
    have a titer done first. Love to you, Nancy

4. nancy

nancy Well known member

Lily Rose, I hope you received my response, if not please let me know. Love, nancy

5. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

Nancy, thank you! Giant Schnauzers? Is that what you have? I am researching all the information. So much controversy over every choice. Ultimately, I think variety will be the answer. However, my quest is always about seeking options and the best possible health, for myself and for my dog.

with grace and much gratitude,
    ^_^