1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety Q

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by mdh157, May 12, 2015.

1. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

Does anyone have any ways of dealing with anxiety other than the widely published stuff listed online? Mine is about off the charts and I cannot shake it. Cannot sleep much either and am worn out, been prob 3 weeks since I have been able to get a good nights' rest.

2. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

Have you heard of The Lightning Process? There is a practitioner in California, Berit Frivold. Her website is vitalitytools.us
    I did it 2 years ago, (in UK). I learnt how to stop the adrenaline response, which was "on" permanently in me for a while. The process can be used for lots of disorders. It is retraining your brain to be calm.
    I can only say it worked for me, and gave me hope, out of the perception of danger.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, mdh.
    I haven't tried the Lightning Process but will look into it.

I deal with anxiety in simple ways... deep breathing, calm thinking, a cup of hot milk, a distraction that
    could be a good movie or something funny, laughing even there is nothing to laugh about.

I imagine all these things are part of retraining my brain to be calm.

4. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

thank you guys...........will look into the lightning process and see if it is worth a shot for me. I am thinking I have this almost constant anxiety which is not enough to result in a panic attack but it is gnawing at me like a grizzly finishing off the last bone of its kill.

I'm betting my adrenaline is always on too, I spend half my day thinking, "what if".

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Here is a program that is "money back guaranteed." I am just experimenting with it now, so I can't endorse it at this time. Met the man who invented it. It has Pain as main billing for treatment, but the inventor claims it works for all emotional issues. Might be worth a shot.

http://www.neurobehavioralprograms.com/