1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Anxiety/OCD

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kylin Foster, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

My anxiety is getting worse and I'm developing OCD. Please help I need advice.

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Anxiety is a sign of feeling insecure and not in control. OCD becomes an extension of that because it gives you some feeling of control.

In most cases, they are due to negative mental habits and can be remedied within 3-4 weeks of coaching to replace them with positive mental habits. Regardless of how long it's been going on, by applying simple strategies daily, you can expect good results. here is Rachel Bowen's story who had twenty years of anxiety:

“Fast Track to Rapid Recovery [coaching program] is amazing. As a fitness instructor back, hip, and leg pain limited my activities. The pain and burning sensation were so bad that at one point I rushed to the emergency room for treatment. I also suffered for twenty years from anxiety disorder. You can imagine how hard it was to live with all that anxiety and pain. Fred helped me to get rid of my symptoms quickly. In fact, I noticed significant improvements the next day. Now I am pain-free, sleep better, have tons more energy and once again am teaching all my classes, including kickboxing. Thanks, Fred.”

Take care,

3. MicheleRenee

MicheleRenee Peer Supporter

please get help asap. i put it off and am very much struggling with anxiety ocd and pain. look for a coach or therapist asap

4. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

Don't know if you have checked out any of Claire Weekes yet.

Self help for your nerves audiobook will put you at ease. Look it up on YouTube and give it a listen.

5. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

One little trick I learned from my acupuncturist for anxiety: the center of your forehead, between your eyebrows and up maybe an inch, is an acupuncture point. If you press on that with your finger, it may offer a little relief from anxiety. When my anxiety has felt out of control, I have been known to be in the car with one finger pressed against my forehead. I don't really care what other drivers think.
    ;)