1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Anxiety & Claire Weekes

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ash86, Sep 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ash86

ash86 Peer Supporter

I have seen a lot of references to Claire Weekes in this forum, so I thought I would give it a shot. I ordered the book and audio, but while I wait for delivery, I searched her on YouTube.... and I can tell I already love her. If you haven't seen this clip its certainly worth watching.

"I have found that my nervously ill people are among the bravest people I know. Because they have to get themselves better from being practically on the floor." -Claire Weekes

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, ash86. The video is short but says a lot. People with anxiety need to be brave
    so they can overcome it. Few things, I have found, require more being brave than
    fighting anxiety. Her books really do show the way. We have to just stand up to our anxiety
    and push through it. I've had longtime anxiety and believe Dr. Weekes is right in saying
    we just have to face what makes us anxious or fearful and do whatever that is.
    Even tiny steps are okay, they're a beginning, and soon we are making major strides.

ash86 likes this.
  3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I love this "True Confidence Has To Be Earned." What a great line and something I have had to practice over and over with my healing of TMS. That I go ahead and do the action even though my TMS is screaming and trying so hard to distract me from doing what is causing me anxiety. I have so much more confidence in myself as a result from healing TMS!
    Thanks for posting this ash86!