1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 Anxiety and pain for turning my head

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lars, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Lars

Lars New Member

Hello everyone,

Day 25 today and I've been journaling a lot lately, it feels good to do it. I am still struggling to find my emotions which cause the pain.
    The last couple of days I've had a lot of tension in my neck. Since a couple of years I have fear for turning my neck, because of the pain and stiffness I have in my neck. Yesterday I caught myself googling for a chiropractor. I thought maybe it can help to loosen up my neck a bid so I can turn my head again.

After 30 minutes or so I responded to myself... No don't go down that path again!! You have visited 4 chiropractors and a lot more physical therapists in the past, it was a day or two at most that I had some relief from the treatment and than my neck and back would be stiff and painful again. So try to focus on the emotions instead and not the physical symptoms.

Now I'm trying to turn my head just a little bit more each day. I tell myself everything is fine with my neck.
    There is no problem I can turn it.

ssxl4000 likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes Lars! I send my support that you stay strong in your TMS practice. Keep up those affirmations for success, and understanding that there is nothing wrong with your neck.

Andy

Lars likes this.