1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Antidepressants with TMS & hypnotherepy experiance

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by liamsmith78, Jul 1, 2014.

1. liamsmith78

liamsmith78 Peer Supporter

Hey everyone,

I was off and on off antidepressants before January this year and thought I could do without. But no matter what I do, i just cant be as happy as i used to be. I remeber taking Sertraline for about 4 months leading towards the end of 2014 and i got happier and felt better but had a stressfull time with work etc..

What i am asking is; should i give them another go or should i try to do this medication free?

The reason i ask this is due to a very strange session with a hypnotherapist yesterday. It was my first session and I was awake the whole time, but put into a state of relaxation. Nothing happened at first, but after about 15 mintues, I just started laughing hysterically! everytime i closed my eyes during the session, i just lughed from inside and it felt amazing! I have not lauged properly for a very long time and last time i did (i mention in a previous post) I had a bad experiance with anxiety. MY face would lock u and i would become unbalanced and want to fall ect.. But in this session i just felt happy with no issues, I felt normal for a breif amount of time.

I felt like me again, i was so happy inside, and ever since i tried going medication free, I have been even lower with my moods.

would anyone think it would be wise for me to start my medicaion again? and have you had any sucess from hypnotherepy?

Many Thanks,

Liam

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

I am no doctor, so you should go get medical advice about whether or not to take anti depressants. However I can give you my experience and what I believe.

There is not right or wrong answer people are different and some need medications. Some people need to use medications temporarily to get over the hump and there nothing wrong with this. I in fact used to take something but got tired of wanting to take a pill to sleep and be happy.

However if are you wanting to be on a pill the rest of your life to be happy, that is a question you will have to answer. When I have any symptoms from tms I treat this as I am out of balance. If I take a pill to cover it up it i would never know how I am truly feeling. Then you continue to run from your problems. Life can be challenging but it's perservering through problems that makes you a better person. Pain and suffering is a part of life and in that time there is something to be learned.

Wishing you luck with what ever option you choose. Just trust yourself that you have what it takes inside of you to heal. You will be the reason you heal, so don't lose hope. Perseverance and faith go a long way. Don't know if your a spiritual person but this reading is powerful and relates to tms healing.

Ryan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    May 22, 2014[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

God: Never in a Hurry; Always On Time
    by Rick Warren

“Don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed.” (James 1:4b MSG)

Be patient with God and with yourself. One of life’s frustrations is that God’s timetable is rarely the same as ours. We are often in a hurry when God isn’t. You may feel frustrated with the seemingly slow progress you’re making in life.

Remember that God is never in a hurry, but he is always on time. He will use your entire lifetime to prepare you for your role in eternity.

The Bible is filled with examples of how God uses a long process to develop character, especially in leaders. He took 80 years to prepare Moses, including 40 in the wilderness. For 14,600 days Moses kept waiting and wondering, “Is it time yet?” But God kept saying, “Not yet.”

Contrary to popular book titles, there are no “Easy Steps to Maturity” or “Secrets of Instant Sainthood.” When God wants to make a giant oak, he takes a hundred years, but when he wants to make a mushroom, he does it overnight.

Great souls are grown through struggles and storms and seasons of suffering. Be patient with the process. James advised, “Don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed” (James 1:4b MSG).

Don’t get discouraged. When Habakkuk became depressed because he didn’t think God was acting quickly enough, God had this to say: “These things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!” (Habakkuk 2:3 LB)

A delay is not a denial from God!

Remember how far you’ve come, not just how far you have to go. You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be. Years ago people wore a popular button with the letters PBPGINFWMY. It stood for “Please Be Patient, God Is Not Finished With Me Yet.” God isn’t finished with you, either, so keep on moving forward. Even the snail reached the ark by persevering!

Talk It Over
    • How is God using a season of struggle in your life to develop your character?
    • Why is it so hard for us to be patient, even when we believe God is at work?
    • What promises from God or experiences from your past can you remember that encourage you as you wait on God’s timing?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]Our Gift: The Purpose Driven Lifehardback book
    Since its release The Purpose Driven Life has been translated into 85 different languages and has become the “Bestselling non-fiction hardback book in history” all because of the Christ centered approach the book takes to answering life’s most fundamental question: What on Earth Am I Here For?

MORE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]What On Earth Am I Here For?: Complete Series
    Who am I? Why am I alive? What am I supposed to do with my life? Join Pastor Rick for this message series on God’s calling for your life as you learn how to discern that calling and use it as a blessing for the church, other people, and in your own life.

MORE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This devotional is based on the current Daily Hope radio series atwww.rickwarren.org.

Rick Warren has helped people live with hope and on purpose for more than 40 years. He’s the founding pastor of Saddleback Church in Southern California and author of several books, including “The Purpose Driven Church” and “The Purpose Driven Life,” read by more than 100 million people in 137 languages. He created the PEACE Plan (plant churches of reconciliation, equip servant leaders, assist the poor, care for the sick, educate the next generation), which is used by churches in 196 countries. His radio teaching and daily devotional, Daily Hope, is offered across America.

[​IMG]
    Follow Us:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Follow Pastor Rick on Facebook and Twitter.

[​IMG]
    Enjoy today’s devotional? Listen instantly to the full radio message atDaily Hope Radio.
    Did someone forward this Daily Devotional to you? Get your own free subscription to The Purpose Driven Connection Daily Devotional, your daily inspiration via email.

[​IMG]
    This devotional © 2014 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can unsubscribe at any time by changing your e-mail preferences.
    Update your preferences | Unsubscribe

[​IMG]

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm not a doctor either, and never underwent psychotherapy but I have occasionally use a self-hypnosis DVD
    for stress relief. It's called "Hypnosis for Stress Relief" by a British psychotherapist, Susan Hepburn.

She puts a young man through a 20 minute hypnotic session of relaxation and tells him he can do anything
    he sets his mind to.

I avoid any medication and instead believe anxiety and physical pain are mainly or most often caused by
    TMS repressed emotions and our perfectionist personality. There are wonderful posts in the forums here on
    how to discover those emotions and they have healed many people.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle