1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Another update on the film about TMS featuring Dr. Schubiner

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by TG957, Feb 11, 2021.

1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I am posting the email message that I received from the filmmakers. I posted about this film before, but I would like to reiterate that it is one of the best stories about TMS that I have seen (or read for that matter). I watched it twice and would absolutely recommend to anyone who is new to the TMS concepts.

Here is the message:

We’ve got some amazing news!
    Hi Friend,

After several years of hard work on the film THIS MIGHT HURT, it became more and more difficult to imagine what it’d be like when we finished it. Last month we screened the film to over 500 people from around the globe in a virtual cinema with a Q&A, and the overwhelmingly positive feedback was so encouraging.

It felt like a vibrant community coming together — those who had overcome pain, people still struggling with it, neuroscience researchers, therapists, and doctors. Through incredible technology, people could ask us and Dr. Schubiner questions in an interactive live Q&A.

// ATTEND OUR NEXT LIVE VIRTUAL LIVE SCREENING

While the pandemic is still keeping so many people under lockdown, there is strong demand for virtual gatherings. We’d love for you to join us at the next one which will be a virtual screening and live Q&A with us and Dr. Schubiner and one of our executive producers of the film, Dr. Dave Clarke.

The next screening will take place on Sunday, Feb 21, 2020 at 7p ET! If you’ve ever had a question for the filmmakers or doctors, this is your chance to ask it live!

You can sign up to attend here
    enter promo code FRIENDOFTMH for 75% discount

// HOST A SCREENING

We’ve learned that these screenings are the best and only way for films like ours to make an impact, so we hope to hold additional ones in the coming months. We want to share the stories and ideas in This Might Hurt with the medical community, patients in pain, and anyone who might be interested in the mind-body connection.

Here’s how you can help - Do you know a group of people who might benefit from seeing This Might Hurt? Can you offer a screening for your medical group, therapist group, religious group, or patient support group? If so, please sign up by clicking below:

MORE BIG NEWS: We’re going to be featured on television! That’s right, the CBS series “The Doctors” filmed an interview with Dr. Schubiner about his work and This Might Hurt. It will air on February 18th, check your local listings to watch in your area.

// WATCH THE FILM ON YOUR OWN TIME

We’ve also begun selling streaming licenses directly from our website, making it easier than ever to see and share the film. We’ve even got gifting options, for friends you’d like to buy a copy for. If you’d like to recommend the film, there’s a pre-written note for you at the bottom of this email.

Finally, Spanish subtitles are available for This Might Hurt // Esto Podría Doler. Thanks to the amazing work done by Paula Saslow, our volunteer impact coordinator. And Hebrew subtitles will be added next week.

Thanks so much for your support. We wouldn’t be here without you.

Kent and Marion

2. This Might Hurt

This Might Hurt New Member

Thanks for posting this @TG957 - we're here if anyone has questions about the film or screening. It should be a great time!