1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Another MRI

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Snowman, Dec 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Snowman

Snowman Peer Supporter

As my problems all started from a bad uti. And lots of antibiotics after which I believe has caused all my symptoms. I'm going for a private lumbar and head mri tomorrow . I'm scared and not scared if that makes sense. Just wondering if anyone else's problems came on after a uti or antibiotics. Having a white tongue in the morning and then looking up candida in the past scared the shit out of me. Went on diet lost weight back up in weight as I eat what I want sometimes in moderation. But I can't keep living like this .... I want answers tms approach helps along side dnrs not got the DVD set yet. But I can sort of see what it's about. Also EFT tapping helps on bad days ... sorry for rant but I just want answers to this as my wife and daughter do not need this around them seeing me un happy and angry with it all.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. Marls

Marls Well known member

Hi Snowman, can I ask why you’re having a head MRI.

3. Snowman

Snowman Peer Supporter

Hi maris.
    Yes that's fine to ask. I'm having another one to rule out anything that might have been missed after the first one. Some things can be missed to early and I keep having virtigo and brain rush feeling . I feel disconnected with myself just scared .

4. Marls

Marls Well known member

i have similar stuff which I think stems from neck issues so had my follow up MRI two days ago. 12 months ago started to feel much much better thru diet change and TMS work and got a nasty UTI with strong antibiotics and the whole symptom array came rushing back. Didn’t put the two together. But it’s food for thought. (And look up DMannis for UTI. Mine was classed as antibiotic resistant so when it came back three weeks later I used the DMannis and it worked with nothing since). Oh and I had the MRI to finally allay ANY fear about physical v psychological. I’ll follow your thread.

Snowman likes this.
  5. Coffeeplease

Coffeeplease Peer Supporter

If the MRI comes back with no issues, I would highly recommend the book Hope and Help for Your Nerves by Dr. Claire Weeks. Best of luck to you and don't give up! Healing energy sent your way....

Snowman likes this.
  6. Snowman

Snowman Peer Supporter

Thank you coffeeplease. I've listened to hear audio book on you tube lots of times . Not much of a book reader lol... still have Steve's book to finish

Coffeeplease likes this.
  7. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

Hi Snowman,

Sending you healing vibes and comfort. I can relate as I am going through something similar. My problems came on after an intial UTI and 2 sets of antibiotics. I too have a white tongue. Lots of people have white tongues. Have you tried any natural remedies. The above poster said D-Mannose. Give it a shot esp if your infection was e-coli. It will work!

Do you still have urinary issues, or are you just worried about them? I too had a pelvic MRI to see if anything structurally was going on with me. So far I haven't heard anything back, so I am assuming everything is a-ok.

1) Meditate if you haven't already

2) Accept that your fear about these symptoms is worse than the symptoms themselves

3) try to accept your current circumstances, focus on gratitude and all that is good in life.

4) keep on doing EFT tapping if it is helping.

Snowman likes this.
  8. Snowman

Snowman Peer Supporter

Yeah I still have urine issues . Which drive me suicidal thoughts . Mine starts with nerve sensation inside of pelvic area on the left into testicle

9. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

I am sorry that you are still having urine issues. It will get better. I know it is hard to have hope but know that this will pass. Or perhaps something else will come up to distract you.
    I will share that I had some little jabs of pain in my pelvic floor yesterday. So today I was worrying about pelvic floor dysfunction instead of my bladder. Anyways try to distract yourself. Thinking of you.

Snowman likes this.
  10. Snowman

Snowman Peer Supporter

Well the MRI came back all clear .. phew. .maybe it's just me then being hsp now after my daughter being born and getting a bad uti freaking my brain that I was done for after I passed blood. ??
    Oh well keep at it and maybe this will all pass. If I can try harder maybe. ..lol