1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Another manifestation!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Gigi, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Yesterday I was all but incapacitated by terrible joint pain in my right hand. Because I have lupus, this wasn't totally unexpected, although it's been a long time since I've had a flare.
    My astute husband suggested it was TMS, but I was hesitant to believe it.
    However, this morning I got up and, feeling I had nothing to lose, gave my subC a good talking to. Lo and behold, the pain switched hands! TMS indeed!
    Sigh. No matter how much experience I have with this program, I never quite know for SURE what is TMS and what isn't. On the plus side, I'm never out anything if I scold my subC!

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Tis always tricking us... but if we turn to tms before the 1st aid box and definitely before the Drs, i reckon we usually sort it ourselves!

Gigi likes this.
  3. EricFeelsThisWay

EricFeelsThisWay Peer Supporter

Astute husband indeed. He was smart to clue you in to that. That's so cool that your symptom imperative is so responsive. It's like magic how the pain moved. My back pain varies in intensity and location, so I know it's TMS.

Gigi likes this.
  4. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

Hi gigi,

that still puzzels me; how you can talk to your sub c.
    I think it is great that it works for you, but how does that work?

karina

5. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

My SubC needs more than a talking to, it needs to be taken out to the wood shed!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    birdsetfree likes this.
  6. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Amazing Gigi! Such clear evidence for you to use. I had one the other night when I woke up with severe pain in my knee. I straight away said to my mind "stop it, I have done nothing to injure my knee". I then got out of bed determined to walk confidently on it and there was no more pain! That was the end of that.

I think the more we practice, accept and believe the quicker our mind let go. We are creating new healthier pathways.

Gigi likes this.
  7. Ines

Ines Well known member

That's great that it went away!

8. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Karina. Sometimes I have to be quite firm with my subC, as in, "I know what you're up to, and it's not helpful. Get the hell out of my ________.”
    At other times, a gentler approach works for me. "I know you think you're protecting me from these hurtful emotions, but I'd rather face them than feel physical pain. So stop."
    Some people talk to their subC like a toddler; others really tell it off. I face a mirror when I talk to mine. Do whatever works for you!