1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Week 0 Another Journey

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by David85, Nov 27, 2014.

1. David85

David85 Peer Supporter

Hi all,

I went through a very difficult journey with TMS a couple years ago. I came away from it pain free, learning an incredible amount about myself in the process and becoming much stronger as a person. This forum and a number of books were very helpful- seeing a therapist was huge for me as well.

Now the pain has returned and has gotten to the point where I feel I need to enter the structured program again. This time around has been much less scary since I've been through it before. It has, however, still been very frustrating, as pain tends to be. I've been hesitant to do the hard work that comes with confronting TMS but I know what great benefits it can have, even beyond pain relief, so I am excited about getting started.

I'm also planning to comment elsewhere, as I hope I can use my success in the first go-around as inspiration or comfort for others.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, David. Sorry you have a return of pain, but you know that TMS thinking can heal it, from your previous experience.
    Maybe something new has triggered the old repressed emotion, or a new one.
    I hope you will do the SEP program again and be conscientious with it. Journaling helped me a lot.

You are indeed an inspiration to others, having healed earlier from TMS.

I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.