1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Angry at the money spent

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Patrisia, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Kittyruns

Kittyruns Peer Supporter

This post completely resonates with me. I spent well in excess of 10,000 dollars on having a tooth pulled because it "felt funny", having an implant placed, having some other teeth pulled, having two new implants placed, becoming totally sick and losing 30 pounds and then, finally, getting a partial denture. The worst part was there was a tooth in the upper right of my mouth that the periodontist "worked on" and basically used a burr type thing to supposedly remove things under the gum. I have never had pain like that in my life and literally remember eating a cherry tomato in a salad and felt like my knees were going to buckle. Not surprisingly, that tooth ultimately became abcessed and had to be pulled. So all in all, I lost four teeth in total, 1o,000 dollars, money for two years of therapy and the worst part was, it was all TMS. Still so very thankful for this group and Dr. John Sarno!

daniebama and Baseball65 like this.
  2. daniebama

daniebama New Member

I am glad to hear that.Let me explain what happened to me.I was not a believer,but some friend of mine told me i had to work on my faith.So i signed up (i will try to explain that well with my poor english level) in a group at church who prays for 24 hours/day the full year .It´s called perpetual adoration and there is someone praying at this church (my shift is saturdays form 1-2 in the morning)...So,i signed and that week i found Dr. Sarno´s book...Coincidence? After more than a year looking for some hope i don´t t think now this was a coincidence.

Northwood and Baseball65 like this.
  3. Northwood

Northwood Well known member

Yeah, I've spent a ton on the placebo effect. TMS literature has taught me why nothing lasts, from deep massage to acupuncture to a thousand trips to the chiropractor. For me, the money is water under the bridge. Time and energy "wasted," too. But all that is exactly what is, and it's what's got me here. I have new ways of working on the hurting, and while I'm not where I want to be and have to practice a lot of patience, I've learned enough to where I WON'T go anymore to address symptoms.

4. daniebama

daniebama New Member

Dude,you posted two messages : one scam and another a commercial...i bet you think TMS is a football team

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2020
    Northwood and Baseball65 like this.
  5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, @TG957 for reporting this and @daniebama for drawing attention to it. I've reported their IP numbers, email addresses, etc., to the forum spam database.

If anyone else sees similar spam, please just click on the Report link at the bottom of the post. There is no need to be completely sure that it is spam before clicking. We can sort it out and will be sure to wear latex gloves when we do. ;) Thanks!

daniebama and TG957 like this.
  6. Northwood

Northwood Well known member

I like your attention to this "coincidence." For me, these sorts of experiences ARE a part of the healing process. I suppose we become fairly enlightened when we can feel divine coincidence in just about everything. But life does have a wonderful way of bringing us what we need (and who we need) when we ask. I think the earth speaks to us in a world of ways. Keeping close to our natural desire to hear that voice, the voice calibrated to our own way of hearing, keeps the soul vital, loving, and does the body good. When I was a kid my father sent me out one evening to find earthworms for fishing. So I jumped off the porch (in an Indian war bonnet, I remember) and stomped around the yard swinging the flashlight every which way, and saw nothing. Later, my father took me around, but very slowly, attentively, pointing carefully with the light, and I saw them everywhere, peeping up in the grass. Always remembered that: learning to look, learning to see.

daniebama likes this.
  7. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I am so sorry....

Kittyruns likes this.
  8. sheltered

sheltered Peer Supporter

How much is something as profound as seeing reality as it is, or at least closer to what it is worth? Love this post!

Baseball65 likes this.