1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anger and panic

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jamo, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Jamo

Jamo New Member

Hi,

I have always been the sort of person to keep a lid on my emotions and keep a very cool, calm outward appearance but on occasion when the anger that I have shoved deep down inside me wants to come out I have started trying to let it out. So if no one is in the house I might shout and bellow and repeatedly slam the wardrobe doors (they slam well but don't damage the plaster on the walls or anything. I am always so considerate and thinking of others!) but I don't feel I can handle the fire inside me and all the emotion boiling out and invariably I will start to have a panic attack from all this emotion.

Obviously my heart is pounding and I am out of breath a bit which could cause me to panic but knowing that anxiety is a TMS equivalent I was wondering if the panic attacks were just because I am scared of so much emotion that I am not used to or is it my unconscious mind trying really hard to stop these feelings coming out? Perhaps it is scared for me if I start to let the feelings out then where will it stop.

James.