1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

ANGER AND BACK PAIN...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by booboo, Apr 23, 2017.

1. booboo

booboo New Member

Take this situation....guy walks up to you and calls you a name and you become enraged but you WALK AWAY muttering to yourself....I can understand that having an influence on my back pain.

Same situation....guy walks up to you calls you a name but this time you get right into his face and let him have all your verbal rage....would this be a good strategy to follow to not create more back pain?

How would some of you think the best way to handle this situation?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Energetically, the anger wants to be expressed. There is an expression in doing inner work which guides us to "neither suppress, or act out on others, yet still experience completely." Since the energy wants to be expressed, it is sometimes best to find a way to explore the energy of anger or rage safely. This can be done with yelling, movement, or other means which allow us to express the primal energy in ways which hurt neither ourselves or the other. Another way is to honestly express yourself: "I reject your name calling, and I ask you to stop." You are therefore completely yourself, regardless of the other person's response.

BruceMC likes this.