1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 And it begins.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by twild, Nov 19, 2020.

1. twild

twild Newcomer

Hello all,

Just starting my journey down the SEP and intrigued by the results. I am 35, a father of 2, and been living with chronic nerve pain in my legs and back pain since 2016. I went down the rabbit hole over the past several years and tried everything under the sun. I ended up having a decompression-fusion of my L4-L5 in late 2018 and another of my L4-S1 in 2020.

It has been a grind, since I was a firefighter, owned a small business, and loved renovating houses. My life has been flipped on its head...Not to mention the ripple effects it has on my family, especially the father I was.

I've heard of TMS and even read Sarno's, Healing Back Pain, way back when but don't think I was ready to give myself fully to the process.

Either way, all roads have lead me here, so I appreciate your wisdom and experiences.

Wish me luck,

T

Koko likes this.
  2. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Don't be afraid to really feel what you actually have stored up in you. Regardless how long it takes to get it out. Get. It. Out. Cry, and punch sand bags if needed (not people). Don't try to intellectualize it and dismiss as not suitable. Feelings are not logical. You feel what you feel about things, its you.

Chronic pain sucks, takes the joy out of your life. I wish that on no one.

Good luck to you and hope you find relief

Koko likes this.
  3. twild

twild Newcomer

Thank you for your reply.

I agree with all of the above. Feelings are just a perception of any given situation. Gonna take some time and a little bit of grace with oneself.

Good luck to you as well and all the best on your journey.

Hedger likes this.