1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 and I'm back in pain.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jacfoti, Sep 8, 2014.

1. jacfoti

jacfoti New Member

I am nervous I know lately... but I am also very scared to be injured for real. Today I called and scheduled 3 different appointments with doctors. my sciatica is in pain again. numbness is gone. my achilles tendon is in pain. all very new. today I am blue.
    what you say?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I say, jacfoti, that this sounds like the typical TMS healing process. It is not a linear process where we just get steadily better. When we experience flare-ups and relapses, we just have to be patient, focused, and kind to ourselves. Continue all the techniques you have learned to help reduce pain and calm your nervous system, and know that you will experience improvement again. Read the Success Stories. Hang in there. You are on the right path. You can be pain free again.

jacfoti likes this.
  3. jacfoti

jacfoti New Member

thank you Ellen! I really appreciate your reply.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jacfoti. I echo Ellen's reply. Pain moves around or flares up and subsides when you are doing good work dealing with
    your TMS repressed emotions or perfectionist and goodist personality. It takes time. Don't worry that it's structural.
    Distract your worries and pain by living in the present and doing things you enjoy.