1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 40 and holding...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Dahlia, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

I have slowed down in the SEP over the last couple of weeks for a variety of reasons, some computer related, some due to holiday busyness and some just because.... It is about 9 weeks since I discovered Dr. Sarno. Overall life has improved remarkably since beginning this program. I am moving back into living instead of just coping.

Nevertheless, the symptoms persist in coming back, often switching from one to another. Yesterday I was dancing (felt strong!) and then today I participated in my first Tai Chi class, came home and did my usual exercise program and guess what? my lower back hurts just like the "bad" old days. I've even considered resurrecting my old TENS unit - but I didn't! I woke up with a pounding headache and now have this back and leg pain.

So, I'm stopping to check in with my support group here. I'm going to sit down with Dr. Sarno in a minute to do some reading and I am going to put more structure into my daily homework. I'm just going to work the program and believe that this will all get better soon!