1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 2 And day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Toby2015, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Toby2015

Toby2015 Peer Supporter

Day 2:
    was an eye opener on the things that make me angry or sad.
    I get angry at: injustice, dishonesty and betrayal.
    Can anyone identify with this?
    I get sad at: loneliness, suffering and failure.
    I still pondering my responses to these questions...
    After day 2 I'm totally convinced I have TMS.

Day 3:
    I have started with a cold or something, woke feeling a sore throat and it's got slowly worse by the day, I think I jinxed myself as yesterday I told someone I hadn't had a cold in months!
    Maybe this is coincidence but I'm also finding my TMSsymptoms have flared up too.
    In regards to the exercise question on day 3:
    I walk everyday with my dog and partner, I go to the gym 4 times a week. It does help me feel a little better about myself.
    I have however been told not to strength train due to my back problems.
    I have a chiro app today which I'm going to stop while I complete this SEP but I have started physio on the NHS which I can't really cancel.
    Can anyone advise on what to do about committed appointments? Will have a detrimental effect on my recovery?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Toby. Tis the season to have a cold or something. My sinuses are plugged up and my head foggy. Too many people shaking hands can spread germs. It won't last, and neither will your aches and pains. It's great that you walk with your dog. I love doing that with my darling Annie.

Keep the appointments, but tell yourself your pains are TMS.

Toby2015 likes this.
  3. Toby2015

Toby2015 Peer Supporter

Ok thanks Walt, I was concerned it would have a negative effect on the SEP.
    Walking the dog is by far the best part of my day. I am now making an effect to leave my phone at home while I'm out, being self employed and a bit obsessed with my career I tend to spend more time answering calls and texts.
    I'm doing the mindfulness meditation too.
    Onwards and upwards!