1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ancient Wisdom

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by RikR, Feb 16, 2013.

1. RikR

RikR Well known member

According to Ayurveda, toxic emotions, known as mental ama, are created in the mind as a means of self-preservation. Such emotions can create destructive behavioral patterns that can linger for a lifetime.

We spend years of our life trying to change our minds, to free ourselves from emotional pain, often times with little success. The reason changing the mind is so difficult is because these emotions, while created in the mind, have actually taken up permanent residence in the cells - not just in the mind but all over the body!

2. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Great video clip. Give yourself a daily message. I am so fascinated with these neuropeptides.
    I do not know much about it but I think it can surely help TMS and inner healing. The
    book that was suggested on this video is Molecules of Emotion by Candice (I am not sure of
    her last name). Has anyone read it?

I think Chinese medicine deals a lot with how different negative emotions effect different organs.
    Interesting stuff!!!!

Thanks so much for RikR for posting this video. I really enjoyed it.
    G.R.

3. RikR

RikR Well known member

I have read it and I just ordered it again as it has been at least 10 years. Candice Pert was honored with the Lasker Award, also known as the “American Nobel Prize,” - she is not some woo-woo person

4. RikR

RikR Well known member

Yep - In Tao'ism anger is in the liver

5. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

RikR,
    Do you know any other books explaining how our emotions become part of our cellular structure or
    books that explain how trauma gets stuck in the body and how to release it?

I looked up Candice's book on Amazon. I was surprised it got such mixed reviews. What did you take
    away from reading her book?
    G.R.

6. RikR

RikR Well known member

Take a look at the new book: When The Body Says No and the old book on 5 Weeks to Fibro Free - great part on this

7. Stella

Stella Well known member

Thank you for sharing. Sandy