1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

An Overwhelming Thirst for Pleasure?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by lexylucy, May 17, 2016.

1. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

For the past five years I have had increased thirst to the point of drinking about a gallon of water a day or more. I finally went to the doctor about two years ago and begrudgingly faced my fears and got blood tests. Everything was in good health with my liver and kidney etc. The intense thirst came on around the time of my debilitating back pain and so I just thought my body was tired.

It's been 17 months of practicing Sarno's theories and paying attention to my emotions. I journal every day and keep connected to the forum and my back pain is about 15-20% of what it was. Much better. I hardly think about it these days! And also seem to be able to carry and lift things recently. So thankful.

I'm not sure why I never thought for a second about this thirst issue. My doctor actually said that it is unhealthy to drink as much water as I am because it thins out vital nutrients and vitamins.

Anyway early in the morning one day last week I decided to fight it and not drink water for about two hours. The feeling was intense - incredible thirst and dryness/craving. But I started to observe that there were spaces. Spaces where I didn't feel thirsty.

I'm not sure if this is a TMS issue but I'm willing to explore it.

I would love some support. Has anyone experienced this or something similar?

Thanks,
    LexyLucy

2. Maribel

Maribel New Member

How is your salt intake? the body not only needs water it also needs salt to be able to retain the water!

3. Ines

Ines Well known member

I have the same issue. I drink water constantly! My salt intake is fine. I eat really healthy as well. I don't eat much sugar either. I can never understand it.

4. Maribel

Maribel New Member

What about cooking nutritional soups and drinking that instead?

5. Ines

Ines Well known member

I don't know about you Lexylucy but I've done all sorts of things with my diet. Even a candida cleanse. I'm not diabetic. I do have problems with constipation so I think it's related to digestion but at the same time I know it's TMS because there's no reason for it and it comes and goes.