1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Amazing Progress!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by rabbit, Apr 26, 2015.

1. rabbit

rabbit Peer Supporter

I was going to put this in my recent "feeling low" post but I wanted to make sure people still doubting TMS and the process, even .01%, saw this. I finally made the leap I've been waiting for - truly, unequivocally believing in this process and in TMS. I still have pain, and I wish I did not, but I know I crossed over a hurdle. I didn't even fully realize the hurdle I passed, after a long time of working with the techniques and principles and working with a TMS therapist something happened... It's hard to explain. Long story short I started using a heating pad again and a lot, having stopped for a good while. When I started again the pain became CONSTANT (when I wasn't enjoying the heat) . I had enough sense and belief to stop using the heating pad . Within the next day or so I had 6 hours at work where I felt no or minimal pain. And I've had that experience again. My body felt relaxed and just felt right. And thinking about the pain is less, many things hurt less, and even when they do hurt as lot, I just feel a certain distance from it. But I also FINALLY understand what "changing the relationship to the pain" means and other things I've been struggling. I know it's still a long journey ahead, but this shift I knew I think needed to happen, happened. THANK YOU, every single person on this forum.

Anne Walker, Lesliemae, Ellen and 6 others like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, rabbit. That's great for all of us to know. It really does take 100 percent belief in TMS to heal.
    That still may take some time because our unconscious rarely is convinced immediately.
    But the pain does diminish because the uncon knows you're onto it and doing things about the
    psychological cause(s) of TMS. It may even up the pain for a while, but just ignore it.
    Take a deep breath and laugh it off.

I rarely watch tv but when I do I see most of the commercials are for gadgets or pills to
    supposedly stop pain. I think most of that is just advertising hype and ignore it.
    But companies make millions from those ads that look and sound so convincing.
    I once worked for an advertising agency and saw how "creative" writers and artists were
    in selling products. The firm's top artist told me, about himself, "If I ever grow up, I'll be out of a job!"

3. cishealing

cishealing Peer Supporter

rabbit this is great news! Thanks for sharing it. I wish you the best as you continue on your journey.

Cee

4. rcguy1982

rcguy1982 New Member

Great Job Rabbit!! Keep up the good work.

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Wonderful Rabbit!! Very happy for you! ;)

6. rabbit

rabbit Peer Supporter

Thanks for the good wishes.
    To those struggling with acceptance and nagging doubt (even if you don't know you have doubt, which was my case) : it WILL come. Not necessarily overnight. It WILL happen. Keep at it. It took me so long. I started learning about TMS a few years ago, came back to it, and it took almost a year and a lot of pain to get there. Not to mention all the years of TMS related things I now understand were TMS. Or my TMS-ing about actual medical things too.
    I still have pain, but its not as bad most of the time and the excruciating times are shorter.
    Some more nice TMS evidence is after this "breakthrough" of mine, my hair has started falling out! I really truly do not care. If my brain does not
    want to cooperate and still fight me, then fine - I'd rather have no hair than be in the kind of pain and fear and misery as before.

Lizzy likes this.
  7. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Hair loss is pretty common in TMsers, mostly in females (from what I've seen). Although it could be just as prevalent in males they probably don't think about it or care as much. The good news s that the hair stopped thinning in the ladies that I know.

Good luck with your breakthrough, you can't get to the other side until you do. It will come.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  8. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Rabbit,
    I thought I believe 100%. Earlier in my journey I watched some videos of Dr. Sarno, but today I watched a clip of Dr. Sarno and he was so convincing and unequivocally positive of TMS, I realised I felt reassured. Well, that couldn't have been 100%. Surely Dr. Sarno didn't talk to a TMS doc and think, oh good, I was right. He would think, yes, yes, exactly, you got it.

Yesterday, I wouldn't understand that you believed, but then believed more. I would have thought I understood though. This is an amazing learning experience. I am so glad to be a part of it, and celebrate with others the ahas!

Lizzy

IrishSceptic likes this.
  9. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

That's awesome, Rabbit! Congrats! I can promise you that this does work and my life is proof.

Belief is a critical factor, but you are right. Often belief is a process and we have to move from one level of belief to another. It may start with the overwhelming desire to get better and just wanting to believe. Then you start to see concrete evidence and the belief strengthens. Before you know it, you are a full-fledged Kool-Aid drinker (such as myself ;)).

The things I've learned from Dr. Sarno and the people around here continue to improve my health and my life. Remember to lean into and confront the things you fear. That's how you get better,

rabbit likes this.
  10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Belief in TMS and a hug. Two of the best healing things I know of.