1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Amazing progress but still have a ways to go

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aurorabore, Oct 9, 2018.

1. aurorabore

aurorabore New Member

I've been dealing with TMS symptoms for the past two years, and I quit doing all exercise 1.5 years ago. My main form of physical activity was rock climbing, and it was a (very routine) rock climbing fall that triggered my TMS in the first place.

I honestly thought I would never climb again, but I've been back to climbing for about two weeks now and it's been absolutely amazing! My pain has decreased; Climbing has certainly not exacerbated my symptoms in any way, and I feel so empowered now that I'm building my strength back. On top of that, I've seen so much support from all my climbing friends and it's been truly humbling.

I know I still have a long way to go though. I still have mild pain. I'm working through some tough emotions, and it's really hard. I've revisited some past traumas, and I've had sleepless nights where I'm kept awake by the feeling that there is something deeply wrong.

I've also been having some strange migration of symptoms. Sometimes, I have tingling or jaw pain instead of my usual back and neck pain, but when I notice it, I'm not afraid and it's almost like more confirmation that I have TMS. I just think "wow, body, you really are trying hard to distract me from my emotions."