1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Amazed

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jcacciat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. jcacciat

jcacciat Peer Supporter

I have been blessed with pelvic pain for a little more than 5 years. I attended the Wise Anderson Clinic in Santa Rosa, California in September of 2011 and embarked on a treatment protocol. It helped, but I never got to a comfortable place, it was very time consuming, and it consumed my life. At that clinic, I met my now dear friend Paula, who sent me the MindBody Prescription in 2012. I did not want to be confused with another theory as I believed I had discovered a way to heal. Fast forward to one month ago, when I heard a physician from New Zealand talk about Dr. Sarno and his method. I instantly realized that Paula was right all along and that I should have listened to her. I ordered A Divided Mind and started doing some of the mental work. I stopped doing trigger point therapy. I stopped being afraid of the discomfort. My sitting pain is nearly gone. For the first time in over 5 years, I rode a bike last weekend. I still have pain that occurs after urination, and it is embarrassing to discuss but also very distracting. I am starting to apply the principles to that pain and it is starting to ease. I am just amazed by how the mind works and I am a true believer at this point.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jcacciat. Hooray for you! Your post should be an inspiration to everyone. How wonderful that your friend told you about Dr. Sarno and the New Zealand doctor believes in the MindBody connection. You are already feeling better and the SEProgram will heal you completely, as it did me.

It's great that you are riding your bike again. A whole new life of being free of pain is ahead of you.

I think you'll like this quote from Jane Fonda about the greatest thing of her life: “It’s called resilience. And it’s a very mysterious thing. (When she went to auditions as a young actress), “Half of the other actresses were far more beautiful than I, and the other half were far more talented, but none of those women made it. I’d wonder, Why did it happen for me and not for them? Now I think it had to do with that core resilience. I was born that way, and they just weren’t. On my bad days, I say to myself, ‘Fonda, you’re resilient, and you’ve never stopped trying to get better.’ That’s my mantra, and it’s saved me many, many times.”

3. jcacciat

jcacciat Peer Supporter

Thank you, Walt. Great quote. And I love the dog in your profile picture. I have a black lab and they are wonderful dogs.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I love finding quotes from famous people. They often indicate that they had emotional pains.

I love all dogs but Labs the most. Black, chocolate, yellow, white. They are so loving.