1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Am I too old for TMS?

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by eden77, Dec 24, 2018.

1. eden77

eden77 New Member

Hello,
    I have been trying the TMS method for the last 4 months.
    I have been in excruciating pain for 7+ months.
    I was wondering whether being old 75+ I do have some structural damage and that TMS
    won't solve my problem.
    I would be most grateful to hear from you about this matter.
    Thanks
    Edna

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi eden77,

No, you're not too old to suffer from TMS, or to work with it effectively! Have you checked out the free programs in the Wiki?

To understand or confirm you have TMS, eliminate physical causes by a physician (understanding that they unfortunately tend to believe that the aging process does tend to cause pain), at least eliminate anything which might need action within the next 6 months. Then you might use your understanding of TMS to see how well you fit the profile for TMS. History of other mind-body ailments in your life? Perfectionist or Goodist personality? How/when did symptoms start? Etc.

You want to "rule out the physical" and "rule in the mind-body" as best you can. Then you will have more confidence moving forward. This is what practitioners like me do when we first connect with clients. Maybe this process will help you be more clear.

Dr. Sarno felt that a lot of pain is caused in older people by the fear of death, ---often that we're not fully conscious of.

I hope you continue the work you're doing, and it may be that things are moving a little, even though you're not so aware of them, such as slight changes in symptoms, or symptoms changes related to emotional states.

Andy B

westb likes this.
  3. eden77

eden77 New Member

Thanks, Andy.
    I have ruled out the physical. I am continuing the Sarno venue.
    Just had some momentary lapse...
    Thanks again

BinLA likes this.