1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Am I having OCD?

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by alma, Aug 10, 2018.

1. alma

alma Newcomer

I am not sure but I guess It's OCD. I love listening to melody songs very much. I love listening to music while I work. It keeps me calm and relaxed. A few weeks ago, I listened to some lonely songs. At first, I enjoyed it a lot. After I get used to it, I stopped listening to it. Even after I stopped listening to such songs, it just kept on playing in my mind. I kept on humming those songs. I think the lyrics must have pierced deep into my heart. I couldn't resist myself and I started listening to them again. Now I understand that how badly it affected my emotions. It has developed some kind of anxieties and tensions in me. I am worried that I might be alone in my life. My condition has become similar to the lyrics of those songs. The thoughts of loneliness are haunting me every day. It feels like I need someone beside me. I was not like this before. I was totally an independent and private person. I want to get rid of these kinds of unwanted thoughts. I don't want to lonely songs but I still keep on listening to them. One my friend suggested me to take treatment from obsessive compulsive disorder clinic in Toronto and I have decided to contact them. Have you ever had a similar situation as me? If so how did you resolve it?

2. mugwump

mugwump Well known member