1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

am i going mad

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by everlong, May 11, 2016.

1. everlong

everlong New Member

so i haven't been on here for a while - long story short

im 20 years old in 2014 i started having leg pains at my new job these pains where only when i had to go to work (lol!) but they where! they where so bad that i was limping into work and had to leave!

i suffered and cried and cried and cried and was in pain for months until i found Dr Sarnos work i started reading his books and journalling this was 2015 and i got a new job and started to get on with my life, the pain took a few months ago but would come and go (mildly) i started going to the gym doing all sorts and i was happy for a while

anyway recently i started getting bad pain behind my knee i do a lot of different classes at the gym that include a lot of intense leg workouts i can walk and stuff but it hurts and hasn't gotten better and it was been 3 or 4 weeks, also my legs have started again and random all over my body (i suffer from anxiety and OCD)

i have been quite anxious because i have a lot of things going in my personal life including exams and leaving uni etc,

does anyone have any advice for me? a lot of my TMS troubles came from my dad having a heart attack and me being there with him at the age of 14 he's on holiday right now and i am worried about him so maybe subconsciously its that ? I've wrote all this and just answered my own question

however does anybody have any good techniques to remain calm, and stop me from having a mental breakdown?

if you got to here thanks! haha x

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everlong,
    I am sorry about your anxiety. I think that is what you mean by moving toward a "mental breakdown" about your pain lately. I am glad you wrote things out and "answered your own question" regarding seeing patterns that support that TMS is activating the pain right now.

For anxiety here is a list of proven techniques. Perhaps choose two, and begin to learn them and practice them...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/27/calming-techniques-stress-anxiety_n_2736457.html (Calming Techniques That Help With Stress, Anxiety)

Andy B