1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Almost recovered - 2.5 months

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by af90, Jan 25, 2015.

1. af90

af90 Peer Supporter

Hi,

Quick update from my recovery journey. I had debilitating widespread pain in all my body for around 2 year.

I am now 100% unrestricted, I can go up stairs, run, jump, bend my back to get something even do some tough aerobic classes. the last week my pain level was at 2 out of 10 scale the whole week which is the most i've ever experienced with such low pain (not really pain anymore, more of an inconvenience).

Lizzy, BruceMC, Barb M. and 2 others like this.
  2. Buckeye

Buckeye Peer Supporter

Yahooo.... good for you! Glad you are seeing such great improvements!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

How wonderful, af90, that you're feeling almost no pain now.
    How did you do it? Was the SEP helpful? Was journaling helpful?
    Did you discover one or more repressed emotions? Can you tell us about them?

I hope you continue improving and am sure you will, with such a positive attitude toward TMS.

4. SSG

SSG Peer Supporter

I find your story very inspiring! Thanks for writing. I'm considering taking an aerobics class too. For some reason my pain only comes while walking...not exercising. I think that will re-enforce the TMS diagnosis...my body is strong!

5. af90

af90 Peer Supporter

Hi Walt,
    I was working with the SEP initially for about 3 weeks and had improved by 50%, then i decided i want a TMS doctor so I am seeing Georgie Oldfield to re-inforce diagnosis and I'm a currently following her programme. Once i can say im fully recovered i will make a big post with details and maybe a video as well.

I realised i was completely emotionally unaware of pretty much most emotions. I am a good coper so i had a tendency to distract my self with for example watching youtube video's whenever an emotion occurs.

Journalling did help but i beleive the biggest thing for me was the complex programming i had developed. I wasnt able to sit or walk, to use the computer all that. To be able to break in to all these habits took a long time.

Cheers.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, af90. Thanks for the update. You've found a great way to work on your TMS.
    It really is "different strokes for different folks."
    I think the main thing is for people to believe their symptoms are caused by repressed emotions
    and/or perfectionist and "goodist" pesonalities.

We all look forward to your recovery story. A video would be great.