1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Almost 4 months into recovery

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Sacha O., Aug 26, 2016.

1. Sacha O.

Sacha O. Peer Supporter

Yesterday I had the intention to make an update about my recovery on this forum. This morning, I woke up with my right trapezius in pain... yay !
    In almost four months, I feel I made some progress. Some days are pain free, some are not. What makes me crazy is that the pain continues to move around. Yesterday, I had some pain in my right arm, the day before, the pain was in my upper back. Today it's in my right trapezius, and I have no sign of tension or pain in the other parts of my body. I don't understand how this could be structural in anyway, but it's distracting. I still struggle. I often have the impulse to check my symptom on google, or to search for recovery stories until I'm convinced again I will heal some day. It's hard not to focus so much on my recovery when every day, I experience a new symptom. I got to totally new TMS symptoms :
    -A huge fatigue (I spent a week at my parent's...)
    -Burning but not painful sensation in my hands and arms

Soon I will go back to school and it scares me a lot, since I was in so much pain this winter. Please wish me luck, and don't hesitate if you have advice you want to share !