1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

All over pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kat., May 26, 2016.

1. Kat.

Kat. Newcomer

Hello my name is Kat. I am new to this site.
    Sorry if I am posting in the wrong spot as it is a little confusing. I was introduced to this site through a Facebook group myofascial pain syndrome. When learned of TMS I immediately started to look at my pain differently. I listened to two of Dr. Sarnos books. I was already in physical therapy for the second time. (It helped the first time which is why I went again.) After finishing therapy I immediately started going back to the gym. I was done with having restrictions in my life. I was not going to let this pain own me. After my second time working upper body (which is where all my problems are) I am finding myself in alot of pain. Not like oh Im sore because I worked out pain, because usually that hurts when you move the muscles you worked but, I actually hurt more standing still and not using them. My whole upper body hurts. It hurts to just touch. I am just wondering Should I push through? Maybe take a couple of days off and then hit it again?
    also I am thinking of making an appointment with a neuromuscular doctor just to rule out any diseases.

2. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

How's it going now? You may need to start just a little bit and work your way up to your previous routine. Have you cleared yourself with a doctor to rule out structural issues or other concerns yet?

3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Kat, I'm experiencing a huge measure of this. My tms typically centres in my face but as I nudge myself towards relaxing and healing the pain diffuses throughout my upper body into a constant nagging achy pain. I agree it is very different to the pleasant post-exercise hurt.

I responded to another of your posts where I agreed with @Tennis Tom on the boons of the pool. This is the main way I soothe and ease the upper body tension. I complement this with Yin Yoga focusing on practices for the upper back and chest. Yin Yoga involves holding poses for longer than is typical with other styles and in so doing tension is released from joints, tendons, and tight muscles. It has a profound effect on the emotions simultaneously. There are plenty of routines on youtube so you can try a few and see if any help.

mike2014 likes this.
  4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

See a TMS physician if you can.