1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

"All in my head, doc.?"

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mbo, Aug 22, 2020.

1. mbo

mbo Well known member

Receiving from your doctor "It's all in your head!" is not only false but outrageous.
    It's not "all in your head" ..... is "all in your skull!!!" because is the brain inside our skull the producer of pain and other equivalent TMS symptoms as an automatic physiological reaction to our mindset... overflowing of menacing, unbearable, dangerous, unacceptable feelings, thoughts and emotions.
    That's all folks: all in your skull

2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Exactly, I agree! I had a neurologist who was very against this saying because symptoms caused by the mind-body connection are absolutely real and part of a genuine process within the body; they are simply not caused by structural conditions. There is a HUGE difference between this and it being "all in our heads."

(For anyone reading this who may find comfort in something being "all in your head" because that makes it feel less real and permanent, please don't worry. Mind-body symptoms, even though they are genuine, are a normal part of life and your body was designed heal from them.)