1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 AHA Moments

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by koolkat, Oct 4, 2014.

1. koolkat

koolkat New Member

Questions to Ponder-what stress is connected to your pain.

As I was thinking back about when my leg pain began, I remembered that it started spontaneously without any obvious injury or muscle pull. It was just an uncomfortable, nagging tingling pain in the back of my upper thigh. That pain began a year and a half ago. Massage, heat, ice, medication and physical therapy helped temporarily but the pain always returned especially while I was sitting. When I looked at what was going on in my life during that time, I suddenly remembered that a dear friend had died unexpectedly about two months before my pain began. In reflecting on my emotions, I think her death created in me an anxiousness and fear of my own mortality. I am a Christian. My stress also is because I have been wrestling with doubt and trusting God for my eternal life. This was my AHA moment. I'm on a journey of healing and learning to trust God for my earthly and eternal life.

Seraphina and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Fear of mortality is an important acknowledgement, and one that we are not always encouraged to express - which is why it often contributes to repressed rage.

Another emotion related to death, which I allowed myself to fully experience two years ago when I suffered two losses in less than a month, was abandonment, and its close relation, isolation. Being able to understand that I felt abandoned by two important people was something I would not have had a clue about in my past life (before this forum). This knowledge really helped me through a devastating period of time in my life.

~Jan

Ellen likes this.
  3. koolkat

koolkat New Member

That's very true. There is a keen awareness of how different life is without that person in it. What has helped me in remembering the treasured moments that I had with my friend and the joy she brought to my life.