1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

After nearly 2 weeks of positivity discomfort is back

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Eugene, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Eugene

Eugene Well known member

I really started to focus on the TMS stuff two weeks ago and over the last ten days noticed a marked improvement in the discomfort level I've been suffering for 18 months. I even made a journal entry about how awesome I was doing.

But alas, today, things are back as bad as ever, and that's REALLY depressed me.

Argh! :(

2. mkdragonfly

mkdragonfly New Member

Hang in there! The fact that you've had marked improvement says you're on the right track.

3. nick

nick New Member

Hi,

Im on the same road ... I started 4 Weeks ago ... in my first week, I was 3 days painfree !!! 2 years I m suffering. Then the pain came back for two weeks, I was so angry and felt sad. Then the pain went away or moves around ... this week mo- we was ok, 1 to 10, but yesterday was hard too. The evidence sheet helps me a bit ... I think (for me) there is a correlation with stressfull life events and also how much I focuse on the pain ... it is very hard, not to think about it, when it hurts, but I noticed, the more I think of it, the worse Im. A lot of peple here say, you have to be patiently ... first I couldnt u derstand it, but now I also think, it is a procress and no fix heal. so hang on ;)

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Eugene. Most if not everyone in TMS healing experiences some setbacks. It could mean something new is causing the pain to become more intense. The best way to handle a setback is to convince yourself it is temporary. Maybe give some thought to events of the last few days that may have brought it on. And be patient with yourself. Don't rush the healing process. Nick is right... the more you think about pain, the more it stays.

5. riv44

riv44 Well known member

It will come and go. Walt is right about the temporary nature of feelings and pain. Getting better is NOT all-or-nothing. Some people refer to early recovery as "pink cloud." I take a longer view. Do what you need to do for the current pain, and try to remember that it's not failure. It's also different for everyone.

6. riv44

riv44 Well known member

this is typical of many of us.