1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

After a month of rereading journal of pain - burn it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by AC45, Jun 7, 2016.

1. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hello,

I read the Divided Mind. I've been following the program. I have made many new associations and I have asked some of those I have harmed for forgiveness. I have told people who are important to me how much I care about them. I have finally been able to forgive those close to me who have caused me harm.

While I hope this is all good, it has also created anxiety for the first time in my life. I think I was unprepared to surface so many emotions at once. I started to see a psychologist and I will see a TMS doc in a few weeks. Anyway, my question to you is can we just burn that journal after month or do we need to keep at it?

I'm a little sick of all of all of the negativity and I'm ready to bring back the joy in my life (I had plenty of it before the pain). Suggestions?

Thx,
    AC

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Whenever I used to journal, I tended to write extensively about the topic then destroy it. I saw no point in revisiting and opening old wounds. Otherwise, I felt I'd be enforcing these limiting beliefs.

The point is to bring the trauma, stressor into awareness and let go, whether that be through compassion, loving-kindness or forgiveness.

Ellen likes this.
  3. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Thanks for the note Mike!