1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Afraid to look bad?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Show me someone that is afraid to look bad and I will show you someone you can beat every time, the sad part to this saying is we put this pressure on ourselves a lot as perfectionist and goodist. This trait can be changed if you consciously stop thinking your looking bad at whatever you do, this is a personality trait that US tmsers can learn to be aware of daily and over time we can break this habit by replacing it with more relaxed, confident habits of thought control. BLESS YOU

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm telling myself the Lord loves me but has given me some personal challenges that I need to work on.
    And I tell myself I am doing the best I can. I know he is patient with me in my progress and what
    keeps me going is knowing he loves me.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is an awesome reply Walt, I took the florist and changed it back to goodist like it was supposed to be, wow. Anyhow knowing this unconscious trait that I used to so often do really opened my eyes and heart to what I was doing to myself -- it was causing me a lot of grief and stress.
    See the whole time I was thinking I was messing up I was just setting myself up for letdowns so now when I catch myself veering in that direction I just remember the quote above that I bolded so hopefully others will read it and get the clearing of thoughts that I did.
    I can't remember who said it first but when I read it, it sure helped me to become conscious to my own set backs, this was actually a huge part of my bad conscientious thoughts. It's like sometimes you have to break thoughts down to get to the core belief behind those thoughts, if we can change the core belief then we can change the whole unconscious effect.