1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

affirmations

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ellie freegan, Sep 8, 2015.

1. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

have been saying Affirmations Like My pain is due to repressed emotions And it's not Sitting at a computer That causes pain its The belief That sitting at a computer Causes pain That causes pain. But Have read That it's good to talk about things that you no longer want in your life in the past tense So what do people think about saying my Pain was due to Repressed emotionsAnd It was not Sitting at a computer That caused my pain It was the Belief that sitting at a computer Caused my pain that Caused my pain Instead.

2. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

I would say, I can sit at a computer with ease and comfort.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with zumba, try to remove the negatives, and stay in the present.

It's a very subtle difference!

4. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

That's too much of focusing on situation, or body. When I first found Dr. Sarno I slowly became aware that he was right about everything. So I began to transform my life. I began to affirm things like "my body is ok....I'm fine...I'm healing..." But those were way too superficial. You need to say things like, "I deserve love...I have value...I am."

When I spoke to the guided imagery gurus in the late 1990s they were telling me to affirm love and forgiveness. I didn't understand it back then but I see it clearly now. These types of affirmations go to the heart of the cause. The other affirmations might help some by calming the mind, but they don't address the reasons.

Try, "I forgive myself...and I deserve love." These are the biggest sources of rage.

Dexy, Zumbafan, Forest and 3 others like this.