1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Affirmation of TMS

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Dan M, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Dan M

Dan M New Member

I just thought I would share a TMS confirmation moment. We take our little victories where we can, don't we--

I always thought I had TMS since reading Dr. Sarno's book about three years ago. Just started realizing a couple of months ago that I had to believe completely to make a difference. I have lots of other symptoms, not necessarily relevant for this post. I had a muscle spasm in my arm that went on for weeks that I thought was something serious--tendonitis, torn ligament, something horrible. When the doctor told me it was a muscle spasm, it finally clicked that I really had TMS and it was up to me to change my daily pain.

I play basketball twice a week, a bunch of guys in their 40s and 50s pounding on each other. Great fun, but I missed weeks because of my arm, and after going to the doctor realized I need to keep playing.

Today, my arm hurt a lot, I had a lot of energy, couldn't make a shot because my arm hurt, and I was scared to extend it. There was one play where the ball was going out of bounds and the only way for me to save it was to take my *bad* arm and throw the ball as hard as I could to my teammate at mid court. I did and it hurt like crazy. If it was a real injury, it would be immobile now and still hurt. Guess what--7 hours later, no pain. It was another affirmation that even though it hurt, I still could push myself to the fullest with no ill effects.

A small victory in the moment, but feels like a big one. :p

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Dan, thanks for sharing your victory. The pain came because you bravely threw the basketball with your "bad" arm,
    but it went away later because of your belief in TMS and doing what Steve Ozanich says... he ignored his pain
    and played golf and through his belief in TMS he became free of all pain.

You're right, though. Total believe that pain is psychological and not structural is the answer to healing.

Your victory was a big one!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Love this Dan!! Its not a small victory at all. Its something to be jumping up and down with joy for!!beerbuds

4. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

I agree ..... this is worth celebrating. You've got TMS on the run!

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this Dan M . That's how I started learning that the pain was all Tms cause I'd work while I was still hurting very often and I'd never hurt any worse the next day and lots of times a lot better. A few times when I first started reconditioning I had some set back but then it was like I just started gradually getting better no matter how much the pain might have felt like at the time. I would always just have a stronger day when the pain did subside. Like you, it hurt today but now as you write it doesn't hurt. That means you have reconditioned :). Awesome -- Just stay route and the healing will settle in now.
    Bless you