1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Advise for insomnia?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jeanf2220, Nov 30, 2015.

1. jeanf2220

jeanf2220 New Member

I have been having bladder spasms (where I feel like I need to pee every 10 minutes or so) for the past week. I am sure they are TMS because doctors have not found anything "wrong" with me and I just returned from a stressful trip visiting my family.

I experience the worst spasms and the most fear at night when I can't sleep. I will lay in bed for hours obsessing about how awful the spams are and what will happen if they never go away. I know I need to stop the obsessive thoguhts but I can't seem to turn my brain off. Does anyone have any tips for TMS related insomnia?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

If you put "insomnia" in the search box at the top right corner, you will find many threads on insomnia. It is a frequent TMS symptom, and so, has been discussed quite a bit on the Forum.

3. jeanf2220

jeanf2220 New Member

Thank you!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Jean, I also like the videos on insomnia on Youtube, and others about relaxation before bedtime.
    One of my favorites is Guided Meditation for Detachment from Over-Thinking, with the very soothing voice of Michael Sealey.
    I listen to it before bedtime and am almost asleep before I reach the bed.

I also find deep breathing very relaxing in helping me get to sleep and getting back to sleep if I wake up in the night.

5. jeanf2220

jeanf2220 New Member

Thanks Walt! I actually slept well two nights ago and thought I was better but then last night was really rough. I will try the mediation you suggested tonight!

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Worrying about things -- pain, finances, relationships, etc. -- can keep us awake.
    That Sealy Youtube meditation video is really great. I watch it on my computer while deep breathing
    and it puts me in a sleep mood.