1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on antibiotics, herbals, oh my

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MrSurvivor, Sep 29, 2019.

1. MrSurvivor

MrSurvivor New Member

Hi all,

Three weeks into my TMS journey. Seeing some progress. Just before I started I had a big barrage of blood testing done because I had so many weird symptoms, and it came back this week saying I have two viruses and a bacterial infection and my immune system tested a little low. Dr is prescribing anti-biotic and anti-virals and vaccine to test immune response. I am very hesitant to mess with them #1 because I don't need new side effects and #2 I don't want to take my focus off my TMS work. At the same time if that junk is in there, I'm not sure if the best thing to do is just wait for my immune system to heal and hope for the best. I am thinking about using herbal anti-virals and antibacterials. I know they are slower but also much less likely to have side effect. It seemed legit to me to give my body a little natural help since it has been down so long.
    Happy for any thoughts!

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey sweetheart,

I use herbs myself. I’m pagan and using natural remedies and embracing the wisdom that we are part of nature is in my bones. With TMS knowledge comes the insight that this may be placebo and if it is then that is fine.

At this point I don’t think you need worry too much about taking the focus off TMS healing. Healing is healing and is the work of the soul. There are insights and opportunities aplenty and it is these revelations that heal rather than any pill or potion we may take. Sometimes we need to take the symptomatic pressure off and if either conventional or alternative medicines help at this point, I think that’s ok.

Plum x