1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

advice needed pls

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by burdinjeans, Apr 15, 2016.

1. burdinjeans

burdinjeans Newcomer

Hi all I'm new to this so pls bare with me.i went to the gym for 1st time last July went bit mad no warm ups! next day I had fascilations both calves, 9 months on I still have them! mostly feel when resting or on waking in bed in mornings. Two months after that started I began having muscle fibro type pain in arms and legs but no tiredness or weakness I sleep well.. The pain stayed for a few months went off then showed up for a week now gone again.. I have odd twitches mostly thighs .. The fascilations continue in calves and terrifies me.. I have seen 2 neurologists. 2 rhumies. Had all normal bloodwork. Clear mri on spine and clear emg on arms (wish I'd had legs tested) no one has diagnosed me ..They mentioned maybe fibro without the pain points or fatigue.. I Google constantly as this has taken over my life with fear. I do have anxiety caused by all this. The front of my thighs have burning type sore pain especially if I drive or sit for long.and sciatic type pain in back of thighs and butt ..does this sound similar to anyone ...? Sorry this is so long. x

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi burdinjeans,

Welcome to the Forum and Wiki!

Burning, stiffness, pain, sharp pain, aching pain, muscles is common with TMS. It is important to clear other causes, as it looks like you're doing. The fact the docs seem to be puzzled also points to TMS, but is not a certain indicator!

I am not sure what you mean by fibro, but if you mean fibromyalgia, then the full blown fibromyalgia is considered to be a type of TMS, and so I imagine parts of it are as well, even without the pain points.

I believe twitching (fascilations) have been reported, but to get confirmation on this, you might start a new thread with twitching in the title.

The fact you're so worried is also a type of indicator it is TMS. Good luck clearing the obstacles, and getting clear about this. And moving into TMS treatment if this seems appropriate.

Andy B

burdinjeans likes this.
  3. burdinjeans

burdinjeans Newcomer

"Andy B, post: 64914, member: 1399"]Hi burdinjeans,

Welcome to the Forum and Wiki!

Burning, stiffness, pain, sharp pain, aching pain, muscles is common with TMS. It is important to clear other causes, as it looks like you're doing. The fact the docs seem to be puzzled also points to TMS, but is not a certain indicator!

I am not sure what you mean by fibro, but if you mean fibromyalgia, then the full blown fibromyalgia is considered to be a type of TMS, and so I imagine parts of it are as well, even without the pain points.

I believe twitching (fascilations) have been reported, but to get confirmation on this, you might start a new thread with twitching in the title.

The fact you're so worried is also a type of indicator it is TMS. Good luck clearing the obstacles, and getting clear about this. And moving into TMS treatment if this seems appropriate.

Andy B[/QUO

4. burdinjeans

burdinjeans Newcomer

Hi Andy thank you for your reply ...I don't really understand what TMS is could you please explain it to me please..yes I did mean fibromyalgia. I did have a gallbladder removal op two months before all the twitching started I have also had a lot of stressful events happening over the last tow years prior to all this with two of my daughters being seriously ill,so maybe all this together has not helped.

5. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Well known member

Even leaving TMS aside all the skin stuff (parathesia) and the twitching is an incredibly common manifestation of physical anxiety. I had all the lot as well and the twitching in particular led me down the dark roads of worry that you have probably be down even though it isn't even a typical presentation symptom of what you fear. The bottom line is that really the more you worry the worse it gets and the obsession just draws you in. I first had the twitching fear about 8 years ago it was with me for about 18 months until it was replaced with a new worry. Interestingly though if I'm in the bath or whatever and decide to actually concentrate on my calves or whatever then they are still actually twitching away but I just no longer focus on it...the obvious takeaway is that normal healthy muscles will twitch and more just due to the electrical activity in the body anyway but the anxiety state probably increases this somewhat but far more importantly causes us to fear the sensation which is the real issue.

burdinjeans likes this.
  6. burdinjeans

burdinjeans Newcomer

Thank you so much Huckleberry for your kind reply that has put my mind at rest i think the hardest part is trying to train your brain to ignore the feeling when it's twitching away I dread bedtime now as during the day I don't hardly feel it.although it's on my mind constantly. .oh well I guess our bodies are weird things! I do hope everything goes good for you and thank you again for taking your time to ease my mind x

7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi B.I.G., I suggest you read a TMS book until you can regurgitate it by rote in your sleep. It's well worth the time and brainpower to JUST DO IT! --it will change and make your life better and easier, taking a lot of the unnecessary fear out of it. You did step #1, had physical work-ups by the white-coats and it appears from your post they found NOTHING wrong with you and upon further questioning had to start fishing for something to tell you was physically wrong with you to send you away happy and with the obligatory RX in your hand for a placebo pill. All the things you mentioned sound like what used to be after-exercising "soreness". They've now crept into the vernacular as "illness" and something that needs treatment at Walgreens or from a practitioner like a lanky Rolfer with sharp elbows.

It sounds like you do want to get back to a better life so start learning about TMS and absorbing the KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN. ANY TMS book will make the points, currently I'm hot on SteveO's newest 59 pager that will give you a quickie TMS band-aid and may be enough if you don't keep picking at your psycho-scabs, looking deeper into your wounds slowing down your healing. If you want the full TMS monte SteveO's great TMS tome "GPD", will provide all you need to know about the subject of psychology and it's practical applications for healing psychosomatic injuries. All the "things" you mentioned are usually TMS manifestations.

Boilerplate: I'm not a doctor, just a tennis player, so don't sue me if my internet dx is wrong and you die from a "mis-print", (Mark Twain). Check out the list of TMS phyicians here and if you're lucky enough to be near one, go seem 'em for an objective mindbody work-up.

G'luck!
    tt/lsmft

burdinjeans likes this.
  8. burdinjeans

burdinjeans Newcomer

9. burdinjeans

burdinjeans Newcomer

Thank you so much tom.. A very interesting reply which I will start looking into as I'd not heard of tms before... your reply eased my mind and made me smile.. wishing you all good things..x

Tennis Tom likes this.
  10. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, sounds like you have the right mindset to accept the Good Doctor's theory--hope is your biggest helper.welcomea

burdinjeans likes this.
  11. burdinjeans

burdinjeans Newcomer

12. burdinjeans

burdinjeans Newcomer

I am so pleased I found this site and the help u have given me..I downloaded the book the great pain deception as I got into reading it either by great coincidence or because I began to understand the cause of my anxiety and all that comes with it while reading this book my fascilations in my calves literally stopped! And have not since returned..i now realise I do have tms..and just knowing this my symptoms have calmed right down suddenly! I feel slightly edgy at the thought of them returning but hopefully time will relax this feeling completely. .I have slight ache today in my arms & legs but expect that for while yet.. I feel after all the stress and strains I have encountered over the years with my children's awful illnesses my sudden body pain which no one has been able to diagnose is simply as it says in the book my skin crying...the mental shock is coming out through my body (my 23 yr old daughter is in remission of non hodgekins lymphoma cancer and my 37 yr old daughter has a very rare disease called perm" stiff person syndrome" both beatiful girls). ..I'm really looking forward to less and less symptoms now until im back to my strong self .. i read the book at every spare moment.. it's settling my mind. I've thought to myself when all this started that the shock has knocked me down and run me over..and this book is confirming I was right!..I just want to thank you for the help you gave me with your suggestions .. I wish you peace. Good health and happiness. ..Linda :)

Tennis Tom likes this.
  13. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

It's common for symptoms to quickly dissipate when reading the material because as Dr. Sarno said, "the rage becomes less threatening." That means that not only do you realize that your body is okay and healthy, but the recognition of the underlying issues means more control.

All of the things you mention here sound like mindbody issues. Attunement issues.

Don't fear your symptoms or you invite them back through vibration.
    SteveO

burdinjeans and MWsunin12 like this.
  14. burdinjeans

burdinjeans Newcomer

Hi steve. I just cannot thank you enough for your reply and advice and also your wonderful book which my whole family are also now starting to read ... love peace health and happiness to you always x

15. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Hi burd, you're welcome. I hope the book helps you and your family in some way. It appears to be having the effect that I hoped it would. More than anything else it seems to be providing courage for people to try. Willpower is the mechanism that moves a thought into an action. But before that can take place people have to want to heal. I can see more clearly who wants to heal and who isn't yet ready by the defenses they use, both consciously and unconsciously.

Healing will come to all who are ready. When healing hasn't come, the person isn't ready. They have not failed, and are not failing, they simply still need their symptoms to help them cope. This is yet another great observation by Dr. Sarno. The diversion is protecting them. If they aren't healing, they only need to ask themselves, "why do I still need this?" It is not a matter of, "I am a failure," which of course is what most sufferers think of themselves. Their time has not come yet, but it will if they have the will to heal.

Steve