1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Advice Needed ASAP

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I am on day 6 of the program I trickled pain meds down to nothing I am in full awareness of my pain and the emotions it's bring to surface , but I can not go on with the pain everyday and work I know Dr Sarno says to ignore it but it bringing me down....what to do ?

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Sarno does not say not to take pain-killers if they are needed.

Kathi likes this.
  3. Boston Redsox

Thx I started a week ago ...and my pain as increased and moving around I tell myself it's a placebo and my pain is psychological

4. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Boston Redsox, it's a good sign that your pain signals are shifting course but I'm sorry the level of pain has increased for you. As others have said you don't have to be hard as nails. Take the pain relief until you and only you deem it time to reduce the dose or stop completely. Last year I was gulping down pills like there was no tomorrow. Within a few weeks I had resolved to taper and come off the lot of them. I took my time, went by my schedule and didn't ever beat myself up over my drug consumption. I would take a pain pill, tell myself it was just for today, just for that moment and that it was temporary symptom reliever, not a cure.

Ellen and Tennis Tom like this.
  5. Boston Redsox

Thx yb44. For the advise I will take it and I won't feel bad about taking care of myself

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

There are many natural ways to relieve pain, and TMS techniques are the best of them.
    Read the forums, especially the success forums.

Deep breathing is one of the best... inhale through the nose to the count of 4,
    hold for 7, exhale through the mouth to 8 and say "whoosh" or "peace."

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Also, SMILE and LAUGH. They release endorphins in the mind and body that relax us
    and distract us from pain.

8. Boston Redsox