1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for when you feel lost

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Crissyxox, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Hey everyone. Can anyone shine some of their light on strategies to employ when you just feel utterly lost in this?

I am self comforting...but it's hard when it makes you feel shitty and down.

Thank everyone.
    Crissy

2. Orion2012

Orion2012 Well known member

Go outside and be in nature. Take a walk. Feel the sun on your face or look at the moon and stars.

For me, feeling connected to the natural world helps put difficult thoughts and feelings in perpective.

Simplicity likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Visit with a friend and talk about things that are soothing.

Listen to, or play music. Sing, or sing along. Voice is very soothing to use in song. Partly it is the breath, partly it is the facial work to keep in tune, listen. I sing songs with my guitar by myself. Or find a friend who plays and we sing stuff we know.

Watch a movie that really grabs you.

I think we all need a "vacation" from our thinking processes...

Boston Redsox likes this.
  4. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Andy. This is all great advice! I actually am a vocalist and noticed I stopped singing over a year. It's so therapeutic for me. Thank you!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Crissy. I like Andy's advice.
    Maybe try to sing again. Play your favorite songs and singalong. If they have a good beat, maybe move to them in a freestyle dance.