1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for neck pain please

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dario3, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Dario3

Dario3 New Member

Hi,

About 1 year ago I would suffer from intense stiff neck sporadically, where I couldn’t move my head in either direction. The pain would usually go away after 1 or 2 days. I read Sarno’s book and started to heal and was 95% recovered for the last 9 months. Now, I have gotten stiff neck again but slightly different. Before I would wake up with tremendous pain that would slowly go away over the course of 1-2 days. Now, I woke up with mild pain that has been building up and gotten worse over the course of a week. Has anyone experienced this? I know the general advice for TMS is to ignore your symptoms and carry on as you generally would, but how could I possibly go about my day and ignore the pain when I can’t move my head? By the way, I am 100% convinced this is TMS.

Thank you!

2. Bonnard

Bonnard Well known member

Hi there, I definitely defer to others with more experience and suggestions.
    But, I want to pick up on this thought:
    That slightly different part:
    Once I got real relief from my back pain symptoms, that's exactly the tricks TMS would play. Change the pain slightly--move from lower back to middle back or to the neck area. Or to some other part of my body. I'd be chasing the pain trying to come up with a new diagnosis or new name for what was going on.

As a distraction from what's really going on (emotional pain, repressed emotions/issues), switching up where the pain shows up is just another trick that's being played on me.

You mentioned that you are 100% convinced this is TMS. That's huge!! Nice job in getting there for yourself.
    Now....onto staying in the solution...

I wish you well...

Dario3 likes this.