1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Adrenaline surge

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by alamobecky, Apr 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alamobecky

alamobecky Newcomer

One week into my recovery from a TMS episode (lower back) and I'm much better. However, I'm having these intermittent surges of adrenaline a few times a day that literally last half a second but in that tiny time frame my whole body locks up and it feels like I'm having a back spasm. The surge ends and I don't seem to be any the worse for it but I'd rather it not happen. Sound familiar to anyone? Advice?

2. Benjiro

Benjiro Peer Supporter

I've never experienced this symptom before, but I have ocasionally experienced TMS symptoms that aren't populary identified as such. Remember that your mind can borrow any part of your body for this process. Given your history with TMS, it's likely that this is simply another manifestation. After ruling out a serious condition, I would proceed with the protocol as you would for your lower back.

Whenever I experience a new symptom or an old recycled symptom, I asked myself before anything else whether or not it tends to focus the attention of my mind on itself. If the answer is "yes" then I almost always attribute it to TMS.